Our guest house is situated at the edge of town on the A394. We offer quiet, newly refurbished, all en-suite guest accommodation for a maximum of six people. Our guests have their own separate entrance to the side of the house and although our bedrooms are on the ground floor there is still a step into the building and another couple of steps into the dining room and lounge. We aim very much to meet the needs of all our guests. However, the age and the layout of the rooms and doors are too narrow for wheelchair users. The following statement is a summary of our provision. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions and we will endeavour to help.
- We can be contacted via telephone on 01326 572550 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website www.mandeley.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- The nearest bus stop is about 100 metres away and there is a frequent bus service.
- The nearest railway station is Redruth which is about 11 miles away with a connecting bus service to Helston.
- There are several local taxi companies and we can make bookings in advance for you.
- Tesco supermarket is across the road and a laundrette is within 15 minutes walking distance.
- We offer safe off-road parking for cars and limited locked garage parking for motorbikes and bicycles.
- A copy of our website and menu can be provided in larger print if required.
- Children above the age of 12 years are welcome.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Check-in is from 16.30 hrs and check-out is by 10.30 hrs. Earlier arrival is possible by prior arrangement.
- There are two drive-in entrances to our property from the main road. We offer ample off-road car parking on our level, gravelled drive in front of the main door.
- We offer assistance with your luggage.
Main Entrance and Reception
- The front entrance is usually locked. Please ring the door bell on the right-hand side of the door.
- The door has one big step followed by one smaller one. This leads into the main hallway.
Public Areas – Main Hall, Lounge and Breakfast Room
- The main hallway has a wooden floor covered with a rug. From here you will be shown the guest lounge which is carpeted and the guest breakfast room which has pine flooring. There is a very small step of about 1.5 cm between the main hall and the breakfast room.
- Lounge and breakfast rooms are for guest use only and have an interconnecting door.
- Both breakfast room and lounge doors leading into the main hall are locked during night time. A night bell is provided in case of emergency.
- The breakfast room leads into the guest accommodation via a door followed by two larger steps.
Public Areas – Separate Guest Entrance
- After booking in guests are also shown their own entrance which is to the left-hand side of the front of the building.
- The path leading to the entrance has a Cornish hedge to the left and the house wall to the right.
- The path consists of block paving and is lit at night.
- The guests entrance door opens outwards with a step of approximately 10 cm.
- Guests will be issued with their own door key for their convenience.
- Important: The door has a self-closer and will lock automatically.
- There are three bedrooms on the ground floor to the rear of the house facing the garden.
- After entering through the main hall and dining room, the first bedroom, Frenchman’s Creek, is right at the bottom of the two steps on the right hand side. The door opens inwards and the carpeted room contains two 3′ single beds which can be made into a super king size double bed. The room has matching pine furniture: two bedside cabinets, one wardrobe and one dressing table with mirror, one coat hanger and a small stool. Large pine mirror on the wall. Sockets are located at a convenient height and plentiful. The door into the shower room opens inwards. The shower room has a window and offers a spacious walk in shower with a very powerful shower, toilet, sink with lit mirror, shelf and shaver socket, towel rail and a small chrome shelf unit. Free Wi-Fi access.
- The second bedroom, Rebecca, is further down the hall on the right hand side and offers a 4’6″ double pine bed. The door to the room opens inwards. The room is carpeted and contains two bedside cabinets, one wardrobe and one console table. Large oval pine mirror on the wall. The sockets are at a convenient height and plentiful. Room is carpeted and offers a compact en-suite. Louvre doors open outwards into the bedroom. The shower room offers a shower unit with a foldable glass door and electric shower, sink with mirror, shelf and shaver socket, toilet and towel rail.
- The third bedroom, Jamaica Inn, is at the bottom of the hall close to the guest entrance door. The door opens inwards. The room offers a 4’6″ divan bed, two pine bedside cabinets, one pine wardrobe and one pine dresser with mirror and stool. Large mirror on the wall. Sockets are located at a convenient height and are plentiful. Shower room door opens outwards into the bedroom. The en-suite is lit with day light through a light tunnel which doubles up as an electric light when it is dark. The room offers a corner shower unit with electric shower and sliding doors, toilet, sink with lit mirror, shelf and shaver socket and a chrome shelve unit.
- Mobile phone reception is generally good.
- We are able to use the front main entrance and side guest entrance in the need of an evacuation. The fire alarm rings continuously when evacuation is needed. If you require more assistance in case of an emergency, please notify us on arrival and we will ensure you are evacuated safely (e.g. hearing impaired).
- We have no provision for smokers.
- We can put medication and food in our fridge and cold packs in our freezer on request.
- Address: Mandeley Guest House, Clodgey Lane, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 8PJ
- Telephone: +49 (0)1326 572550
- E-mail: email@example.com